• Can you tell something about yourself?
– I am a small-town boy from Rajkot, Gujarat. I am pursuing the CA Final course, a job, and a little bit of writing, one story at a time. I have won several prizes in competitions at the literature events and also on social media platforms.
• How is your book different from others?
– ‘Castle of Waves’ is not the conventional form of poetry. Instead, it is a bunch of poems carved out of stories – yours & mine.
• Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
– I find all the ideas from the places we visit, people we meet, and by looking into their uncommon individual stories.
• What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your book?
– When I was not sure what to write on the next page, the words just kept pouring in on its own as I kept writing and believing in my book.
• What is your work schedule like when you’re writing?
– There is no specific schedule as I manage work, studies, and writing altogether. But I prefer night-time as it gets me better ideas.
• What do you think makes a good story?
– I believe a good observation, intricate story details, and visualizing the plot as a reader helps in creating a good story.
• What is your writing process like?
– I used to note down the points in my diary and at nights, I would keep editing those drafts until it pleases me as a reader.
• What advice do you have for writers?
– I believe one should never force writing. The right word to your ideas and characters will spark in, eventually.
• How did this story occur to you?
– Just a year ago, I started writing on social media platforms and kept receiving a great response from the readers. So, I thought one day: “Why not turn this into a book?” And that’s it, this was my first attempt at writing and it all turned into a book in one year only.
• What is the book all about?
– ‘Castle of Waves’ is a house of poetry, carved out of stories – yours and mine. This book floats on the simple idea of weaving stories of our lives into abstract poems and finding how love blooms amidst all. It simply inculcates stories and colors of your common yet equally unique lives into poems.